Thursday, September 15, 2016

Looking Forward to "Arrival"



I'd seen a few remarks about this upcoming movie but since I always try to avoid trailers (unsuccessfully) I didn't know much about it. I just found out today the only thing I needed to know to get excited to see it. The director of "Arrival" is Denis Villeneuve.

Who's that you say?  I did too until last night when I sat down and watched one of his movies "Sicario", and was blown away. "Sicario" is not a particularly novel story, in fact there isn't much of a story at all, but oh the way Villeneuve tells the tale is remarkable.  Now that I know he's made "Arrival", I will be seeing this one right away.

And what is this?  He's the director behind the Blade Runner sequel too?  With Ridley Scott producing of course, this could be a worthy sequel indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment